One thing we worked on was trying to control from the guard:
- From the open guard
- Grab their lead leg
- Same side leg goes into their hip
- Opposite arm grabs their arm (same side that your leg is on)
- Other leg hooks behind their ankle
- Extend leg and pull arm and ankle to off balance
Seems like a very good position to try and control. Has openings for the x-guard, omoplatas and triangles.
Worked on the ten finger guillotine.
- Bend of wrist in neck
- Crunch body and have chest sit on their head / neck
- Grab arm that's in
- Sit to the side and pull up
Had problems w/ my guillotines when to go w/ which grip.
- Mike mentioned that I need to work combinations. Often I find myself going and working for one set up rather than working from an arm drag to guillotine and back to guillotine.
- Key is to get your opponent to react
- Gotta focus in on my guard and controlling opponents.
- Another thing to think about is not sitting and waiting for a reaction but making your opponent react.
- Focus on driving your opponent's arms into them when working from open guard.