- Use head as a battering ram and put opponnent on their back
- Bring knees in to pinch opponents legs
- Hands in opponent's floating ribs
- Pick one side (typically determined by opponent attacking one side)
- Base weight to that side and pinch knee on elbow
- Other arm use to pin leg down
- Kick leg out and pin leg
3 different passes from here
Pass #1 - Grabbing leg
- From pinched position
- Grab pant leg or top of foot that is pinched
- Overhook opponent's head
- Sprawl on leg and walk around
Pass #2 - Grabbing leg variation
- Same sequence, but opponent straightens pinched leg
- Grab pant leg and step aside and pull the leg out
- Make sure you secure head
Pass #3 - Cartwheel
- Drive shoulder into gut
- Can grab leg or plant on leg
- Jump and flip hips and push legs
One thing to think about is just settling on half guard and working from there.
- Afterwards I got to roll twice. Still feel uncomfortable with my elbow so I tried to take it easy. There were definite moments where I tried to push and I just couldn't. It's going to be like that I figure for some time.
- Look to focus in on my butterfly and x guard these next few months.