Last night Adrian and Anthony came by to train. We worked with Adrian on his upcoming blue belt examination and worked on the butterfly guard and guard passing.
- Establish underhook, but make sure to scoot butt to the side of under hook.
- Jump back and forth between sides.
- Game of angles.
- Have their weight on you.
- Arm drag opening when opponent tries to free arm.
- Pin arm with chest and arm and look to grab opponent's lat.
- Pull them into you rather than jumping to take the back and create a landing spot for them.
- Pull from the hip!
- Plenty of openings for x-guard and deep half...ALL PART OF THE SAME "FAMILY"
- REMEMBER THE TABLE. LOOK FOR WHAT LEG NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT AND GO THERE.
- Pass at 45 degrees and always create pressure.
- Establish underhook.
- Pull them into you when passing.
Couple of things popped in my head. How important the underhook is from the bottom and top. Even when being pushed on your back in butterfly, you can dominate. Be on your side! Did a lot of drilling to get reps in which was really good.