Friday, September 12, 2008

Takedowns

With Kaitlyn here now it seems as if I have to prioritize my time better and work with what I got in regards to time. With that said, I know training is going to get harder and harde. I saw it happen with my brother, Jay and he even warned me about getting some mat time in. Lucky for me I work no more than 10 minutes away from the gym and Mike's open at lunch and early mornings and thanks to Mike it looks like I'll be able to get a lot of mat time in. This week I've gone everyday and I feel that burn inside...you know the one where you just don't get enough and want to just keep coming back for more? Well here's what my schedule looks like.

Mondays and Wednesdays - lunch time. This seems like the best time for me to work on things that Mike has gone over on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well as help out some of the new guys on techniques.

Tuesdays and Thursdays - 7am. Class time. It's a much more structured setting with more experienced guys and most importantly we roll with the gi. Warm up, drill, technique and roll. A lot more experienced guys in the morning which helps come rolling time.

Friday - lunch time. I'll call this day open mat, but with takedowns. Seems like Mike wants to start working more takedowns which is more than fine by me cause I've been dying to learn more takedowns and work my technique. Also seems like a good time to just pick people's brains and get some good rolling in.

So here's today's recap:

Technique:

- Rani Yahya takedowns from butt scoot. Mike showed lots of varieations. The only one 2 I can remember is the modified takedown that I do already but at a different angle and the heel hook / gable grip takedown.

- remember to look up this video to get the details!

Rolling:

- takedowns and takedown defense felt good, but maybe that's cause I don't really know anything.
- need to build my cardio up.
- need to build up my grip strength still.
- remember to create angles to attack.
- guard passing feels good.
- look into learning the de la riva.
- good rolling with Mike, Jeremy and Marlon

No comments:

Post a Comment