Friday, August 6, 2010

Maui Recap

From July 28th to August 4th I got to spend my time in Maui with my wife and kids to celebrate my cousin Mark's wedding.  I feel like I could go on and on about the trip and experience, but what better way than to tell a story through pictures.  I mean think about it.  What books did you like to read the most growing up...the ones with pictures.

So as my boy Marvel would say, "Let's go"



We left SD around 10am on the 28th.  Luckily Kaitlyn and Caleb slept most of the flight, making it easier on us.

 Caleb knocked out before the flight.

Kaitlyn looking for her cousin Noah.  Kaitlyn was constantly asking my brother where was here cousin Noah.  So Jay told her Noah was coming and that he was riding on the wing.  This kept her busy for an hour as she kept looking for him on the flight and throughout the trip.

The perfect storm came together on Maui when the Bandala and Raagas boys got together, aka the "Four Horsemen."

From right to left: my brother Jay, Jo, Mark (the groom) and me with Caleb (horsemen in training).  This was taken before the Luau at the Royal Lahina, where Kaitlyn was mesmerized by the girls dancing.  We're definitely looking into classes for her now.

The newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Bandala.
The wedding and rehearsal took place on Thursday and Friday.  The other days were filled with food, activities, more food and more activities.

FOOD RECAP

I can honestly say I didn't have a single bad meal the entire time I was out in Maui.  The food was just re-dunk-ulous.  The sad thing is I probably didn't even hit some half of the spots.

The Gazebo - located in Napili.  Amazing pancakes and omelettes.

Portugese sausgage omelette.  The Big Kahuna omelette was just as good if not better...bacon, Porgugese sausage, avocado and cheese.  Bacon makes anything better.

Banana and macadamia nut pancakes were amazing, but when you add the coconut syrup it takes it to AMAZING-ER which I thought were unreachable levels until I had the syrup.

Da Kitchen - 2 spots that I know of, one in Lahina and I think Keihi.

Deep fried Spam Musubi....THE TRUTH!

Loco Moco.

You can't forget about Zippy's...classic Hawaiian fast food.

Not pictured are Ululani's Shave Ice and Aloha Mixed Plate.  I lived dangerous by adding condensed milk to my shave ice and was blown away and Aloha Mixed Plate had some of the best chicken (Shoyou Chicken).

If I had to wrap it up, I would say I was making the "Oh" face that this dude does every time he bites into something yummy.

But minus the bizarre food and gay tendencies. 

ACTIVITIES

I did get to run (once) while I was out in Maui.


Wasn't really all that motivated to run when the ocean was right there.  Some video of us cliff jumping and snorkeling.

Me jumping off of Black Rock.



Jo and Jay jumping. Jo took it to another level.



The groomsmen goofing around.



Kaitlyn getting in on the action.



Some other pics:

Definitely need to go back.  One of the best vacations I've been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment