Here's the list of races I plan on competing in this year with my target finish.
- Carlsbad Half Marathon - January 20th (1 hr 44 min)
- La Jolla Half Marathon - April 27th (1 hr 55 min)
- Camp Pendleton Mud Run - June 8th
- San Diego International Triathlon - June 29 (2 hrs 30 min)
- America's Finest City Half Marathon - August 17th (beat my 2007 time 1:54:13)
- Run 625 miles in 2008 (12 miles a week). I covered only 190 miles in 2007. Granted I only started running seriously the 2nd half of the year, but in 2008 I want to be consistent with my running.
- Maintain my weight between 170 - 175 lbs. In 2007 I ballooned up to 187 lbs but got my weight down to 170 lbs and have been maintaining it since.
- Get my body fat under 10%. I'm not sure what my body fat is at right now, but I know when I was in college I was down to 8%. It would nuts to get my body fat back down to what it was in college.
- 12,000 push ups in 2008.
- 12,000 pull ups in 2008.
- 12,000 sit ups in 2008.
- Be able to to pass the RKC snatch test by November. Based off of my weight I'd be doing anywhere from 52 to 56 snatches. The test is pretty expensive so I don't think I'll be able to go to one of Pavel's seminars to take the test but I'd like to see if I can pass the test.
- Stay healthy. I think I have some pretty tough goals for 2008 and there's no way I'm going to achieve them if I'm not healthy. Bumps and bruises are going to happen and it's on me to make sure I take care of my body.
So I guess that's it as far as goals go. I'm hoping to put out progress reports every quarter to see how I'm doing.