Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tabatas

Today at the gym we did tabatas.

8 rounds of each exercise with 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest.

Squats
Push Ups
Sit Ups

Bottom 2 scores of each exercise does 50 burpees, the next 2 do 25 and the top 2 don't do any. So if you finish in the bottom 2 of each exercise you had 150 burpees waiting for you. I ended up pacing myself on all the workouts.

On the squats I tried to keep at 20 reps. Stupid me I slacked on one of the rounds and ended up with 15 squats. After it was all said and done, I missed being in the top 2 by 2 squats.

Push ups I paced myself to go anywhere from 15 to 10. Bottom line was I needed to get double digits each time. This strategy worked as I ended up in the top 2.

With the sit ups I paced for 15 to 12. First off, let me just say the proper sit up SHOULD BE with your feet flat on the ground and you bring your chest to your knees. People were ending with 20 to 25 sit ups! When I looked over a couple times they were definitely not going up all the way! Needless to say I had 25 burpees waiting for me after this round.

So after it was all said and done I only ad 50 burpees to do. Not bad really...but sort of irritating because I know some people didn't do the proper sit up! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment