Monday, January 7, 2008

2 weeks left!!

I have less than 2 weeks until the Carlsbad Half Marathon and honestly leading up to today's run I just felt like shiet. Every time I've gone out to run I would gas early, cramp up and flat out suck. So today I just told myself to pace and get a good run in.

So at lunch I ran 5 miles.

39:09 min (7:50 min / mile)

1st mile - 7:50
2nd mile - 7:53
3rd mile - 7:48
4th mile - 7:45
5th mile - 7:53

I'm so happy I was able to get my wind back (at least I think I did) but now my big concern is maintaining that type of speed for 13.1 miles. I need to make sure I get in a good long distance run before Sunday.

After the run I did 50 push ups and 50 sit ups. I plan on doing my 50 pull ups later on tonight.

Evening Update

Got around to doing my 50 pull ups. Warmed up with some kettlebell swings, snatches and cleans. Noticed my right shoulder hurting a bit...gotta get it healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment