Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally got to roll!

Now that my half marathon is over I can focus a lot of my effort towards jiu jitsu again. At lunch I went to the gym to go roll with my brother and Mike. I felt good for not having rolled for 2 weeks. One thing I've noticed always happens is I'll have a good rolling session with Mike or Jay and then all of the sudden...BRAIN FART. I had a good scramble with Mike and he was trying to get side control while I was scrambling to recover half then all of the sudden Mike has side and asks me, "why'd you do that?". All I could tell him was I couldn't figure out where to go next.


Mike also showed me some grip breaks. Conceptually if they grab with their right you should grab with your right and left with left.
  • Thumb on thumb
  • Turn wrist out
  • Other hand comes in to chop down
  • Can use forearm on forearm

No comments:

Post a Comment