Technique: Side mount escape
- Replace Guard
- Backdoor against keysa
Was able to ask Mike questions regarding the knee bar from the x-guard and taking the back.
Knee bar from x-guard:
- Available when opponent gets into sprint position (going away).
- Inside leg goes over.
- Don't go for knee bar when opponent is standing over you.
Taking the back:
Been having issues turning the corner to mount from the back.
- Instead of jumping on their back, pull them into you.
- Grab hip. Be sure to be deep. If gi, grab the belt.
- Hip out to create a landing space for opponent.
- Pull their hip and have them fall to you.
I suck at leg locks, but looks like I created my own rule for them. Outside leg goes over their leg for foot locks or heel hooks. Inside leg for knee bar.