- He works from a Z-guard type half guard which is what I've been doing. One thing he does that I don't and will try and add is crossing my ankles. The way I should cross is top leg over bottom.
- Push and pull w/ legs.
- Entangle arms and don't get smashed, just like the "Thinking Man" from Roy's seminar.
- Look to attack near side arm, neck, far side arm and far side arm.
- Near side arms - can attack w/ an arm drag or "old school"
- Far side arm - kimura
- After establishing gable grip, use elbow in gut to keep them from crossfacing.
- Against weaved arm - MAKE SURE LEGS ARE CROSSED PROPERLY.
- 2nd option is putting foot on hip and knee in shoulder.
- All 3 seemed useful (the backroll, swing and pendulum). I think I prefer the backroll but should practice all 3.
- Backroll - pull them into you with your legs when going to the gable grip.
- Swinging - Open the legs and swing as if to escape.
Really good entries and should try them out next time.