- I can compete at 159. Couldn't believe I made the cut.
- How to properly replenish my body. Pedialyte first, then a gallon of water. Made the mistake of trying to drink a gallon of Gatorade and I ended up pissing it out of my ass...NOT A FUN TIME.
- Still have a lot to work on from my back.
- Be ready next time to sit and wait.
- I don't know if it was the adrenaline, but my 1st match made me realize that I was in good shape and NOT GREAT SHAPE. I was exhausted after my match.
- Improve my grip strength. Forearms were dead after my 1st match and non-existent in my gi match.
As for my matches, my no-gi match was very competitive. It went back and forth during the 5 minutes and eventually went to overtime. I had my chances at a kimura and brabo choke but the guy defended well. In overtime he ended up getting a takedown and sweep I think to close out the match. There were some points that we (Mike and I) felt the ref missed and would have given me the victory in regular time, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.
My gi match was tough. Went against the guy who won our no-gi division. He got the sweep but fell into my guard and I worked for my own sweep but he scrambled and got to his feet. We stand up and he pulls guard and eventually gets an armbar.
Just gotta keep working!