Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ENGLISH MUTHA FUCKA!!!!

So today is election day and naturally I found it my civic duty to vote. I ended up going to the gym this morning and figured I'd skip out early from work to go vote on my way home. I arrive at my local polling station to see it's not quite busy. I'm thinking, damn this is gonna be quick and I get to rush home to my wife and kid. I hand over my driver's license and my proof of insurance w/ my current address because my driver's license is still my parents. My dumbass forgot to re-register so that I'm registered under my new location (Chula Vista). The nice lady tells me I'm not registered in the area and that I can still vote.

So finally I get my ballot and start checking off my candidates, saying yes to this proposition and no to this one. I'm on cloud 9 because I feel I've used my right as a citizen to voice my opinion and vote...then it all goes to shit.

I hand over my ballot and the lady asks if I want one of those "I Voted" stickers. Naturally I'm like hell yeah, I want people to know I voted. Then she asks me, what language? I wanted to go off at that point. I'm like ENGLISH MUTHA FUCKA! WHAT OTHER LANGUAGE DO WE SPEAK HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! I mean seriously. If you're over the age of 18 AND A U.S. CITIZEN shouldn't you be able to read and write English? You would hope they have gone through the sad establishment known as public school to be able to read and write English. Oh....you came here after the age of 18 and English is your second language you say? FUCK YOU! Learn English mutha fucka! Weren't you supposed to been able to read and write English as part of your naturalization process? Yes the standards say the person has the ability to read, write, and speak English. So why the fuck do we have signs in Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Chinese...you name it. WHAT THE FUCK!

My parents both came here to the United States from the Philippines with nothing but their education, hard Filipino accents and their hopes and dreams and they BOTH can speak English just fine. What the fuck is wrong with America if someone can vote in this once great country and not speak English. Seriously. My Dad's accent probably made his English sound pretty bad...but at least he could walk into a place and not pull some bull shiet "Habla Espanol?" like many people do today.

This is just the tip of the iceburg for me...and I need to go eat. I thought I'd put this all out there while it's fresh in my head. I'm gonna go eat now and come back to this to rant some more. DAMN I'M PISSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment