Wednesday, September 14, 2011

09.14.2011 - Training

Well a lot has happened since my last entry. I completed an International / Olympic distance triathlon in June, the San Diego International Triathlon. I ran a half marathon (the America's Finest City) on a week's notice and still finished at 1:51. I've been training more now that Mike opened up another gym 2.2 miles from my house. With the new gym open, I went from training once a week to 3 to 4 times a week.

In the coming months I have I hopes and lofty goals:

 - train on average 4 to 8 hours a week (basically 2 to 4 times a week)
 - run 2 times a week
 - swim 2 times a week
 - cycle once a week
 - workout 2 times a week
 - continually blog about my training and to keep better records of my activities.

 With my Half Ironman in March, I know I'll be dedicating 5 months to getting ready. I still think I can train during this period. I probably won't roll as much to keep away from injuries, but I definitely don't want to stop training.

As for today, we went over the leg drag pass and an entry to it.

 Entry:
 - hand on hip, keeping elbow inside knee
 - other hand driving leg down
 - scoop leg and drive it away

Transition to back:

 - pin arm w/ chest
 - control on butt or belt
 - roll them using chest

Other notes:
 - leg drag pass is all about avoiding the guard
 - don't pass the leg along like the x-pass, drive it down and replace w/ knee
 - use lapels
 - STAY TIGHT IN ALL POSITIONS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment