Well a lot has happened since my last entry. I completed an International / Olympic distance triathlon in June, the San Diego International Triathlon. I ran a half marathon (the America's Finest City) on a week's notice and still finished at 1:51. I've been training more now that Mike opened up another gym 2.2 miles from my house. With the new gym open, I went from training once a week to 3 to 4 times a week.
In the coming months I have I hopes and lofty goals:
- train on average 4 to 8 hours a week (basically 2 to 4 times a week)
- run 2 times a week
- swim 2 times a week
- cycle once a week
- workout 2 times a week
- continually blog about my training and to keep better records of my activities.
With my Half Ironman in March, I know I'll be dedicating 5 months to getting ready. I still think I can train during this period. I probably won't roll as much to keep away from injuries, but I definitely don't want to stop training.
As for today, we went over the leg drag pass and an entry to it.
- hand on hip, keeping elbow inside knee
- other hand driving leg down
- scoop leg and drive it away
Transition to back:
- pin arm w/ chest
- control on butt or belt
- roll them using chest
- leg drag pass is all about avoiding the guard
- don't pass the leg along like the x-pass, drive it down and replace w/ knee
- use lapels
- STAY TIGHT IN ALL POSITIONS!!!!!