Kimura defense from half guard
- Over hook or guillotine they're arm (arm being attacked)
- Hand on their hips
- Sprawl hips, dropping the hip that is the side being attacked
- Pin your shoulder on theirs
- Head up and drive forward over their shoulder
Kimura defense from North / South
- Free hand use to create space against their leg, so your head is not being smashed
- Roll to get shoulders square on the mat
- Make sure elbow is on mat and past their wrist
Escape from North / South
- Hands and hips so you can press
- Do crunch w/ legs to create more space
- Then attempt to rock to get to knees
- If they try to pin you with their head when you rock, slide one arm across they're body and try to get a leg to get to your knees
Defending the Triangle
Got this yesterday from Roy.
- Set up as if you are doing an over the shoulder pass
- However sprawl your chest to their butt.
- Press forward and legs should pop open
This was really strange but very effective. I haven't tried it yet, but want to drill it.
- When someone is attempting to start x-guard, make sure your leg is not availabe for them to pull on....try and smash.
- Do not post your leg up when trying to free your leg. If deep enough, push it through to try and go for mount.
- Like Rickson would say, "make like fuck" and start using my hips to create pressure (especially when trying to pass)