- Rolled with Paul and worked escapes.
- Need to let people pass and work escapes.
- Kimura defense has helped a lot.
John showed me a guard pass and side mount escape.
- Guard is open with knee through (assume my left over their right)
- Post right leg up
- Anchor down on their head
- Slide forward above head (to make them do the splits)
- Similar to over the shoulder pass, but using your leg instead of shoulder
- Donkey kick out and drop hips to complete pass
Side Mount Escape
- Bridge and slide arm nearest opponent under them
- Arm under grab heel of foot
- Shoot legs to their head to create space for other arm to slide under
- Turn into them to go for single leg
- When working side mount escape "push yourself away from your opponent", don't "push them away from you"
- Focus on getting arms in hips and armpits. Bump and push!
- When passing, destroy legs. Don't rush to pass. Destroy their legs from side, top, etc...
- Keep working escapes.
- Look to set up kimura by grabbing elbows.