Picked his brain on the half guard and x-guard.
Half Butterfly Sweep #1 (X-Guard transition)
- Opponent goes for underhook, you grab the overhook and pin their arm to their body
- Swing towards leg. Keep leg near head
- Rock them over for the sweep
- IF you just play the overhook they can post. If they post you can go to x-guard or a straight leg lock to get the sweep.
Half Butterfly Sweep #2 (Taking the back)
- Swing towards leg and secure with gable grip.
- Bring leg over head and to the other shoulder.
- Grab their belt (make sure both arms are out from under them)
- Flip feet to take back
- Overhook to attack legs. Limited on sweeps, but can attack legs to create the sweep.
- Underhook leg better for sweeps. Keep leg locked between shoulder and neck to stop them from pulling their leg out.
- Work on getting 2 sweeps from butterfly, half and x-guard since all 3 guards are so intertwined.
- Focus on controlling the head and using the chin strap.
- Work on 2 on 1, arm drag, overhook and underhook and transitioning from one to the other