Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Steve Maxwell's Spartan 300 Workout

So it's 2 days in a row! Woke up at 5:30am and was able to get my ass in gear. Let's see how it goes tomorrow. I got my hands on Steve Maxwell's Spartan 300 workout last month and finally decided to try it out.

The concept behind the workout is all body weight. There are 10 exercises and each exercise is paired up with another for a total of 5 pairs. You perform one exercise in good form until you can't anymore and then do the pair after. The goal is to perform as many reps as you did in the 1st exercise. Once you've hit 30 reps for both exercises you move on to the next pair of exercises.

Warmup:

400 meter row
Stretch

For time:

1. Pull ups
2. Shifting push ups
3. Deck squat
4. Tuck sit up
5. Body weight row (substituted w/ kettlebell rows)
6. Dive bomber push ups
7. Archer
8. Alternating knees to elbow
9. Sprinters lunge
10. Burpee

30:20

Not bad for the first time. Steve Maxwell says you want to be able to finish under 40 minutes before moving on to the next level (this was the intermediate level). I probably rushed a few exercises so I'm not so sure how great my time really is. The deck squat is tougher than it looks and unfortunately I had to substitute the body weight row for kettlebell rows since I don't have the equipment to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment