Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Routines

Workout routines are so hard to keep to. We typically always find an excuse as to why we can't. Some reasons being more valid than others, but more often than not it just boils down to laziness. Now my latest excuse, which by the way will always come up every 3 months, is the fact that I've been busy at work. However, when I break it down there's plenty of time to workout...I just have to make the time to workout.

In looking at my day-to-day life I know the mornings and evenings are the best time for me to workout, but my laziness always comes between me and working out. Then I compound the issue by thinking too much. So...after much thought and discussion with my good friend Ryan we've come with the following two-a-day workout routine.

Morning Routine (Cardio)

Monday / Wednesday - 3 miles, hopefully move up to 4 or 5 miles down the road.

Tuesday / Thursday - sprints. 1 mile warm up, with sprints ranging from 100 to 400 meters.

Friday - will be my make up day if I missed one.

After each cardio routine, cooldown with some light bodyweight workout and some sit ups.

Evening Routine (Crossfit / Kettlebells)

Monday / Wednesday - Crossfit / Bodyweight workouts. (300 Kettlebell Challenge, 300 Spartan Challenge, Filthy Fifty, Team Quest Grappling Circuit, The Bear)

Tuesday / Thursday - Kettlebell workout (Crusher, Heaven and Hell, Get Up and Go)

Cooldown with rounds of rowing and lower back exercises or physio ball drills.

As for my jiu jitsu training, like I've posted before, I'll be focusing in on rolling. My lunchtime rolling will be Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Stronghold. I'm hoping to pick up extra days with Jimmy at his gym on Thursday nights and Saturdays at the Stronghold.

Wish me luck. I have no one else to blame but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment