Monday, January 10, 2011

01.10.2011 - Run

It's a new year and I started it off horribly. On the 1st I was able to get a 3 mile run in thinking it'll be a great start to the year. Unfortunately that was the last time I would run in the new year until today. With the wife and oldest child catching the flu I'm pretty sure I had got it too, but it only amounted into a cough and congestion thankfully. All my hopes of starting the year off strong went down the drain.

I ended 2010 strong. Achieving one of the goals I had set out to accomplish and that was my purple belt. In a sadistic way of achieving it Mike decided to hold an in-house tournament with 8 people. Winner gets their belt. It only gets better. In each round it's a best 2 out of 3, with the first round being in the gi and the second without. If it's a tie, it goes to a coin toss with the winner of the coin toss picking if it's gi or no gi. My first match up lasted 25 minutes. The second match (with the same guy) lasted 20 minutes. In the semifinals, my first match was 30 minutes with the second match going 20 minutes. Needless to say I was smoked by the time we hit the finals. Mike made it only one "demo" match and I ended up losing the match but was given my purple belt still. It took a whole week for me to recover from the tournament. From head to toe I was literally sore.

Looking forward to 2011, I've already committed myself to achieving some goals. I signed up for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run with my cousins. I had hoped to do the Triple Crown this year and since I didn't sign up early enough it looks as if I won't accomplish it this year. I did however sign up for the La Jolla Half Marathon. This will be the first time I attack this race and I can say I've completed the Triple Crown, though it took me over 4 years. Wanting to step it up a bit more, I decided to sign up for the San Diego International Triathlon. I figured I should skip the Sprint Tris and just dive head first into something a little more challenging.

So that's what's on the agenda for 2011. Let's see how it goes.

Today: 5k with hills


Cool down:

2 Rounds of:
- 10 pull ups
- 10 hindu push ups
- 10 sit outs

Situps

No comments:

Post a Comment