Wednesday, March 30, 2011

03.30.2011 - Running Recap (3/26)

Created by me

I'm a firm believer in train how you intend to compete. So if it means wearing a head band...wear it, if it means running with music...run w/ music. So in the last 2-3 months of training for the LJ half, I've come to one clear epiphany and that is I don't need music to run. I was notorious for always running with music as if it was a way to keep my mind focused. I've recently discovered I don't need music and actually find my stride faster than I would wearing headphones. So heading into the LJ, I'll be running my first half marathon without headphones.

This leads me to this past Saturday where I intended to run a course that mirrors the LJ half as best as possible and to introduce GU into my runs as well (as I plan on using it). Typically on long runs my dilemma is what to do about water. Should I run with a water bottle or a belt? I find the belt a bit bothersome so lately on long runs I typically just hold it in my hand. Saturday's run was pretty surprising and kinda zeroed me in on my strategy for the race.

NO MUSIC.
GU.
WATER BOTTLE.


No comments:

Post a Comment