Tuesday, September 20, 2011

09/20/2011

Last night I trained at the gym.  I can actually start to feel my body get accustomed to the routine of training 3-4 times a week.  It only took 3 weeks, but my body is turning the corner.  Class was good.  I'm helping a lot of the new guys and last week I even taught class.  I like the challenge teaching presents.  In many ways it feels as if it helps me refine my technique.  If I am able to walk a person through a technique, showing them details, it proves to me at least I understand the technique and the importance of certain details.  Last night Jaime showed an attack from half guard (top).

Key notes:

 - step over is essential
 - elbow must be 90 degrees or less for the roll
 - finish by using legs to separate shoulder from socket.

I felt so good that this morning, I woke up and went to the pool and swam.  I only covered 500 meters but it was good to get out there and feel how cold it gets.  With the pool being heated, it made for a great swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment